Wireless Needs Assessments
Our solution specialists will set up a custom Needs Assessment for your organization.
Though each one is specially made to address your needs, they can include areas such as:
- Look at your current environment.
- Determine problems and challenges.
- What are your current needs?
- guest access
- temporary workers
- What are your future needs (expansion, branch offices)
- Usage Habits
- Time of day: when do users typically log onto the network? Off?
- Applications: (can help estimate throughput requirements)
- Data: (for example- credit card information requires encryption)
- Estimate User Density: ensuring proper coverage where it's needed, and no coverage where it's not needed.
- What is your skill set? Will you need support and ongoing assistance with your solution?
- Do you want us to do 2nd level support?
- Perform a physical check:
- Layout of the premises
- Obstacles to wireless (walls, infrastructure etc.)
- Are there outdoors wireless needs?
- Do you currently have wireless?
- What have been the challenges?
- What shortfalls have you encountered?
- Implications of "BYOD" (Bring Your Own Device)
- VoIP phones
- handheld devices
- specialty devices (medical devices, diagnostic devices etc.)
- Roaming requirements
- Determine Your Risk Tolerance
- An important part of implementing security on your wireless network is evaluating
your organizationï¿½s risk tolerance. What kind of data do you store, and what would be the
consequences if a hacker was to breach your security and obtain or damage that data?
- The consequences are more severe, the more valuable your network assets are.
As organizations today rely heavily on their network in order to conduct business, almost every
organization stores confidential customer information as well as their own organization information.
Some customer information - like credit card numbers - is particularly valuable.
At this point we can start advising you on possible products and solutions.
We can also make a recommendation on possible solutions for:
- Back-up Solutions
- Branch Offices
- Disaster Recovery Solutions